Here it is, your chance to stay in the heart of this renowned Irish village. McGann's Pub Doolin is famous for its traditional Irish music which can be heard nightly throughout the summer months.
McGann's pub Doolin is open all year round for B&B accommodation and with great home cooked meals available all day, washed down with Guinness, your stay in Doolin will be memorable.
Russel Weekend Feb 2014
RUSSELL MEMORIAL WEEKEND
Outdoor Bars , Live Sessions, Irish Dancing, and lots more @ McGanns
The Russell Memorial Weekend is a traditional festival held in Doolin on the the last full weekend in February each year. The festival is a remembrance ceremony to Micho Russell, the world-famous traditional musician and his brothers.
Micho Russell was one of Ireland’s best-known traditional musicians. Born in Doolin in 1915, he grew up in a musical family. His mother played the concertina and both his brothers, Packie, and Gussie played for house dances and later in the village pubs of Doolin.
- Biography at Micho Russell Festival Weekend Includes biographical abstract and select bibliography / discography.
- Ireland's Whistling Ambassador Publisher's site.
- Ireland's Whistling Ambassador review in Musical Traditions Internet Magazine
- Technique and Style in Irish Music Includes MP3 sound clips and extensive commentary on Russell's style
- Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann biography
- Old Photos of Micho Russell and Doolin