- Published on 05 November 2011
- Hits: 12412
McGanns Pub Doolin Directions
Sat Nav : 53°01'06.3"N 9°22'18.1"W 53.018426, -9.371687
From Shannon Airport/Limerick to Doolin.
1. Leaving Shannon Airport or Limerick head North on the N18 to Ennis.
2. Continue straight through Ennis until you see a sign indicating a left turn for Ennistymon via the N85
3. Straight through Ennistymon towards Lisdoonvarna on the N67, then left on the R478 at the main cross roads 1 mile before Lisdoonvarna, indicating Cliffs of Moher / Doolin.
4. Travel 3 miles, turn right at a small petrol station heading towards the sea.
5. One mile further on come to a crossroads with a number of signs. Turn right for McGanns Pub.
Alternative route from Ennistymon via Cliffs of Moher (scenic route).
1. Turn left in Ennistymon to Lahinch (2 miles), then right onto the R478 to the Cliffs of Moher.
2. Continue past the Cliffs of Moher for 4 miles to a small petrol station.
3. Turn left towards the sea - follow as below.
From Galway to Doolin
1. Leave Galway on the N18 towards Ennis/Shannon Airport/Limerick.
2. At Kilcolgan turn right to Kinvara, then to Ballyvaughan (turn left) and Lisdoonvarna on the N67.
3. At the square in Lisdoonvarna turn right towards Doolin. 0.75 of a mile further on turn right again and then after another 200 yards turn left.
4. Travel 2.75 miles until you come to a T-junction with Doolin church on the corner. Turn left for McGanns Pub.
Alternative route from Ballyvaughan via Coast Road (scenic route)
1. Turn right in Ballyvaughan onto the R477.
2. Travel 16 miles; turn right onto the R479 at Ballinalacken Castle. This is the first right onto a main road that you will come to after leaving Ballyvaughan.
3. Travel 2 miles straight to McGanns Pub.